Welcome back iSchool Students (in particular our new MLIS Spring 2019 cohort),
A reminder for the 2019 Spring Semester: we will hold our Spring DCIC Open House at the end of January:
- Date: Thursday, January 31st, 2019
Time: 4:45 – 6pm
Location: Room 4110 Hornbake South (4th floor in the DCIC space)
4130 Campus Dr.
University of Maryland College Park
The Digital Curation Innovation Center (DCIC) is happy to announce we will continue to engage in a number of interdisciplinary research themes/projects for this spring semester. If you are interested in gaining new digital skills, conducting interdisciplinary research, and exploring professional development opportunities at the intersection of archives, big data, and analytics, feel free to join one of our ongoing projects.
Project teams are typically made up of iSchool students (MLIS, MIM, HCIM, Doctoral & InfoSci), faculty, staff, and community members outside the iSchool.
Current Interdisciplinary Research Themes include:
- Movement of People [Global Journeys, Local Communities]
- Community Displacement [Human Face of Big Data]
- Racial Zoning [Mapping Inequality]
- Managing WHCA Pool Reports [Presidential Transparency]
- Legacy of Slavery [Revealing Untold Stories]
- Citizen Internment [Japanese-American WWII Camps]
- Cyberinfrastructure for Digital Curation [Big Data Archives and Analytics, Enhancing User Access to Big Data Archives]
Please e-mail email@example.com with the projects you are most interested in, the week after the Open House (1st week of February).
No prerequisites needed, just the desire to develop new skills and play, however, students should expect to dedicate at least 2 – 3 hours to the project per week.
Links to the DCIC brochure and Project Booklet details: