Featured in an article written by the National Geographic, DCIC and partners have officially released the Mapping Inequality Project to the public.
The project and website have received much traffic and media attention. Check out the links!
* Camila Domonoske, “Interactive Redlining Map Zooms In On America’s History Of Discrimination,” http://www. npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ 2016/10/19/498536077/ interactive-redlining-map- zooms-in-on-americas-history- of-discrimination
* Greg Miller, “Newly Released Maps Show How Housing Discrimination Happened,” http://news. nationalgeographic.com/2016/ 10/housing-discrimination- redlining-maps/
* Henry Grabar, “Here’s How the Federal Government Made the Maps That Crippled Black Neighborhoods,” http://www. slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/ 10/21/a_new_project_shows_how_ redlining_emerged_from_ firsthand_reports_of_the.html
* Tanvi Misra, “A Digital Window Into the Roots of Redlining,” http://www. citylab.com/housing/2016/10/a- digital-window-into-the-roots- of-redlining/504656/
* Ruth McCambridge, “New Site Provides Extraordinary Resources for Community Activists,” https:// nonprofitquarterly.org/2016/ 10/19/new-site-provides- extraordinary-resources- community-activists/
* Oscar Perry Abello, “Mapping Housing Discrimination in U.S. Cities,” https://nextcity.org/ daily/entry/new-mapping- inequality-online-redlining
* Justin Murphy, “1930s Rochester redlining maps show discrimination,” http://www. democratandchronicle.com/ story/news/2016/10/20/ rochester-ny-redlining-map/ 92456536/
* Lauren Ro, “Map collection showing housing discrimination now online,” http://www.curbed. com/2016/10/20/13347064/holc- housing-discrimination- redlining-maps-mapping- inequality
* “Home Owners’ Loan Corporation maps of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy via Mapping Inequality,” http:// alloveralbany.com/archive/ 2016/10/20/mapping-inequality- albany-schenectady-troy